In this article CLEAN will introduce why should we replace our air purifier filters on time,and how often should we replace the filters.
Why need to replace our air purifier filters on time?What will happen if we never replace them?
Replacing air purifier filters on time is important for maintaining efficiency, improving air quality, preventing health issues, and increasing the lifespan of the air purifier:
- Maintaining Efficiency: The filter is the main component of an air purifier that traps pollutants and contaminants from the air. Over time, the filter becomes clogged with particles, reducing its effectiveness in removing pollutants from the air. By replacing the filter on time, the air purifier can maintain its efficiency and continue to provide clean air.
- Improving Air Quality: A dirty or clogged filter can lead to poor air quality as it may release trapped particles back into the air. Replacing the filter on time ensures that the air purifier is capturing as many pollutants as possible, which can improve the air quality in your home or office.
- Preventing Health Issues: Exposure to air pollutants can lead to various health issues such as allergies, asthma, and respiratory problems. By replacing the air purifier filter on time, you can reduce the risk of these health issues and ensure that the air you breathe is as clean as possible.
- Increasing Lifespan of the Air Purifier: A dirty or clogged filter can put a strain on the air purifier’s motor, leading to increased wear and tear and reducing the lifespan of the unit. By replacing the filter on time, you can help to prolong the lifespan of your air purifier.
How long will our air purifier filters last,and how often to replace them?
The lifespan of an air purifier filter depends on various factors such as the type of filter, the air quality in the room, and the usage frequency. Here are some general guidelines for how long different types of air purifier filters last:
- HEPA Filters: HEPA filters can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on the air quality in the room and how often the filter is used. It’s recommended to replace HEPA filters every 12 months to maintain the effectiveness of the filter.
- Activated Carbon Filters: Activated carbon filters can last up to 6 months, but it’s recommended to replace them every 3 months to ensure maximum effectiveness in removing odors, chemicals, and gases.
- Pre-Filters: Pre-filters are the first line of defense for an air purifier and capture larger particles such as dust and pet hair. They usually last about 3 months before needing to be replaced.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for filter replacement as a clogged or dirty filter can reduce the effectiveness of an air purifier and lead to poor air quality. Some air purifiers also come with filter replacement indicators to remind users when it’s time to replace the filter.